Benefits Of Having A .EDU Email Account From Any University
When you become a student of a particular university or college, you will have a .EDU email account with your name, for example, firstname.lastname@example.org. This .EDU email account comes with a few benefits that are available for students who have .EDU emails, such as great discounts on many desirable products, including Apple, Dell and much more. Or you can also get huge discounts on online services such as Dropbox, Spotify, Amazon, and LastPass.
However, most of people aren’t aware that you don’t have to be a teacher or student to have a .EDU email account. Technically, that is who this sort of email account is designed for. However, there are creative methods that you can register or grab a .EDU email address without actually being a student or a teacher.
So, let’s take a look at unique benefits of having a .EDU email account and simple methods you can get this account.
Benefits Of Having A .EDU Email Address
1. GitHub Student Developer Pack
The first and biggest benefit of having a .EDU email address is the GitHub Student Developer Pack, the best free developer tools, and services for students. This student pack comes with 12 great offers and free services that may be useful to you, such as $15 Amazon AWS coupon, $50 Digital Ocean coupon and much more.
Take a look at the list below:
- $15 Amazon AWS coupon
- $50 Digital Ocean coupon. It will be expired within 12 months after adding to your account – new account only.
- Bitnami: Offers the Business 3 plan for one year that typically cost $49 per month.
- Crowdflower: access to the Crowdflower platform.
- DNSimple: Offers the Personal hosted DNS plan for two years that typically charge $5 per month.
- GitHub: Offers unlimited private repositories while you are a student. Normally, GitHub charges $7 per month.
- $25 credit of HackHands, a live programming help that available 24/7.
- A suite of Microsoft Azure cloud services and developer tools: Microsoft Azure, Visual Studio Community and the rest of Microsoft developer tools, while you are a student.
- NameCheap.com: Offer one year .ME domain name registration that costs $18.99 per year – and one year SSL certificate that costs $10 per year.
- Orchestrate: Access to the Developer account that costs $49 per month, while you are a student. It’s a complete database portfolio, includes search, time-series events, geolocation, and graph queries through an API.
- SendGrid: Offers the Student plan with 15,000 free emails per month, while you are a student.
- Travis CI: Access the Private builds that charge you $69 per month, while you are a student.
2. Amazon Student Pack
When you use a .EDU email account and sign up for Amazon Student account – you will be able to use Amazon Prime for free for six months, which has many benefits:
- Free TWO-DAY shipping on many Amazon products.
- Get unlimited instant streaming of movies, TV shows, and music.
- Access exclusive deals for students.
- Unlimited photo storage with Amazon Prime Photos.
It’s an online music and video streaming service in the US. You can grab a 50% discount on the Premium plan for students that costs you $4.99 per month.
LastPass offers six months of the LastPass Premium for any users with a .EDU email address.
5. Newegg Premier
Grab one year of Newegg Premier that costs you $50. Just sign up Newegg Premier account with your student email account.
You will help yourself saving a lot of money by using the .EDU email address to purchase products from Apple. There are changes to save up to $200 on Apple computers.
7. Microsoft DreamSpark
Grab Microsoft DreamSpark with plenty of useful software and Microsoft Office 365 subscription for free.
Dell has also offered a lot of great discounts on its products for students. Check it out!
Many software and apps are available through Autodesk.com for students. Simply sign up an account with your .EDU email address and then just download them for free.