HACKER VS. CRACKER
HACKER VS. CRACKER
Many of us think of hacking from an opposing point of view. Hackers and Crackers have extensive knowledge of the systems, how they work, the programming, coding, etc. People cannot primarily find the difference between hacker and cracker and think of them as the same. It is essential to know the difference between the two. Hackers and crackers are different and work with different interests and objectives. The hackers can be termed as good people and crackers as the bad ones. Hackers protect the system from malicious attacks, whereas crackers are the one which attacks the system and pose as a threat.
ALL ABOUT HACKERS
Hackers are the good people who do hacking with an excellent purpose to obtain more knowledge of how things work. Hackers are also known as White Hats or saviours. They are the programmers or computer experts with adequate knowledge of programming and coding who find the loopholes present in a system and try to cover them and protect the system. The hackers try and remove the flaws in the system, making it more secure. They never work to harm the system or steal and misusing the data.
For instance, various law enforcement agencies use hacking techniques to collect evidence on criminals and other malicious actors. The hackers know how a cracker would try to damage the website or data and focus on improving those aspects of the systems and eliminating all vulnerabilities that could harm the system. They are hired by companies and big corporations to find the defects in the network and security systems, if any, and remove them.
ALL ABOUT CRACKERS
Now, as we have learned of hackers, crackers are also hackers. Crackers also have the same knowledge of the systems, programming, and coding as the hackers do. They also perform the same activities as hackers do. However, their objective is to break the system and network to gain unauthorised access. This is the main difference between hacker and cracker. The activity performed by crackers is illegal. They use their coding and programming knowledge to get personal and financial gains, steal data, destroy data or even delete crucial data.
Crackers are also known as Black Hats or evildoers. Their activities are focused on gaining access to various programs and software without paying for the same or proving their capacities. Different types of crackers are wannabes, d00dzs amongst others. Crackers could also steal your bank details and transfer money from your bank account. The crackers have less knowledge of the system, yet their threat is imminent and cannot be overlooked.
DIFFERENCE BETWEEN HACKER AND CRACKER
It is evident that there are many dissimilarities between hackers and crackers, and one should not use them interchangeably. The main difference between hackers and crackers can be observed through the following points:
• Hackers use their knowledge for a good purpose and do not damage the data. In contrast, a cracker breaks into the system with a malicious purpose and damages data intentionally.
• Hackers possess advanced computer systems and programming languages, while crackers might not necessarily be so skilled and well-versed with computing knowledge.
• The hackers work for an organisation to improvise their network and solve any issues. Crackers are someone from whom the hacker protects the organisation. Crackers work just because a system might be challenging or to get illegal gains.
• Hacking is ethical while cracking is illegal and unethical.
• Hackers have ethical certificates, while the Crackers do not possess any certificates.
• Hackers continuously work towards making new tools rather than using the existing ones. On the other hand, the crackers have inadequate computing knowledge to make new tools and use tools already used by other crackers.